Thursday, September 25, 2008

Overwhelmed

I know that I can handle the coursework required by my two classes this semester, but right now I'm a bit overwhelmed with the rest of life in addition to that. My group of students this year is more demanding than ever, I'm having to learn a whole new process for referring students to the EC program and we've got several who need to be referred with multiple pages of paperwork and many hours involved there, and I have parents who genuinely don't know how to parent and come to me for advice, even though I don't have kids of my own. I had an 1 1/2 hours of planning yesterday and spent it all communicating with parents and not one bit grading or planning. Add to this that we're in the last month of finishing up our house (which we're painting, installing flooring, and installing trim upstairs) and the constant communication involved with that, and I'm totally overwhelmed. I'm not even a full marking period into the semester, and I'm already finding myself wishing for an inclement weather day so that I can catch my breath. Maybe I'll just take a mental health day...

I'm still working on my unit plan, which needs to be completed tonight, so hopefully I'll get that done before 5:00. I hope I'm putting together what's expected, but I suppose if I'm not, I'll have a chance to correct it. Now that we're not doing the Action Learning project, I'm not sure what I need to be posting here in the blog. Maybe this will be the forum for reflection on our project with the principalship group.

No comments: