Saturday, October 18, 2008

LSA Collaboration II

So far we're a few weeks into attempting this project. I'm getting more and more frustrated, because despite my efforts and Nancy's, it seems like the LSA students either don't understand the intent of the project, or it isn't a priority for them. We continue to ask for data from the environmental scan with little feedback and have yet to see the schedule that the school currently uses, despite a promise two weeks ago for that to be emailed.

I want to believe that it is a matter of them not understanding the project, but I've seen little participation on the discussion board thus far and have been disappointed with our Monday meetings. I believe that this collaboration could have merit, if all parties were on the same page and equally invested, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. I've posted questions on the discussion board for all and have discussed with Nancy how we might pull more information out of the LSA students. We're going to look up some information on the middle school to see what we can come up with that might help facilitate making a schedule. Hopefully, we'll get into a good rhythm and be able to complete this project as planned. If not, I suppose this is an excellent experience in communicating with others who have different goals than myself.

No comments: